Tuesday 8 April 2014

Routine and Writing - Day Seven

I know, I hear you ask, what happened to Day Six of CampNaNo? Well it came and went, but on a Sunday and I try to leave this day free from writing, catch up with family on Skype and do some serious reading. Doesn't always work that way but I think it's important to have a break.
So Monday I was back on track at my desk (which by the way could be anywhere: Dining Room table, my lap, outside in the sunshine, lying in bed or at a real desk). These are the prompts that were in my inbox for Day 7.


  1. Keywords:closure, sad, jail, grateful, found 
  2. Random: An easy complication
  3. One-word prompt: vigil
  4. Picture: 
I completed all four and wrote around 2,400 words which is about 600 words per 15 minute session. The key for me, I think, is a routine. Albeit a very loose routine - for instance yesterday I wrote after breakfast, before and after lunch and the last session before I signed off for the day - today might turn out very different. But I made time to write and to my surprise all pieces were a kind of rough story. And I'm enjoying myself so what could be better?
Until Later,


No comments:

Post a Comment