Sunday 6 April 2014

It's all about Timing - Day Five

On Day Five of my Camp NaNo challenge I decided to change tack. Using the prompts from this writing site which provides Monday to Friday Story Writing Exercises. I wrote in four time chunks and timed myself for 15 minutes per session. The prompts were:



  1. A picture prompt: 
  2. Random: A stubborn child
  3. Keywords: successful, stock, tree, prevent, graft
  4. One Word prompt: Grow

The first prompt took place in a prison but with a twist, the second about a grieving mother, the third took the form of my 'expat' series as Penny and George (very familiar to my mates over at Writers Abroad) and the third about two old spinster sisters and a lie. 
It was an interesting writing experiment as I found that without looking at the clock I penned around 600 words each 15 minute session and all of them formed a kind of loose 'story'. The first time since the Camp NaNo challenge began. And my writing total for the day was a little more than 2400 words which is good going for some scribbling. So this week I'm going to put this to more testing. Watch this space...

Until Later



No comments:

Post a Comment