Saturday 5 April 2014

Writing Out - Day Four




Day Four of my writing challenge had me feeling an overwhelming sense of frustration. Even though I'd scribbled and computed around 1700 words I didn't feel like I'd written a thing.  I was using another plot prompt that I'd posted on my writing group, Writers Abroad.



A stubborn 22 year old woman
An arrogant 32 year old man
A car crash
A church 
Shame (theme)

At Writers Abroad we post a number of weekly prompts which we call 'Monday Muses'. They are supposed to kickstart our week of writing and help us find inspiration if we're feeling stuck. It's a very popular forum but every now and then everyone finds it difficult to muse. And Day Four was my difficult day. Many WA members have gone on to develop their Monday Muses into fully fledged short stories, flash fiction and poetry and successfully been placed in competitions of all sorts of levels. So they are a great piece of kit for the writing tool box.
Just got to remember that sometimes it just doesn't work and it is okay to say 'I give up.' And that's what I did.

Until Later,



No comments:

Post a Comment