Friday 6 April 2012

Oestre The Goddess of Easter

A short blog today, although here in Italy Good Friday is not seen as a Bank Holiday. So we've been making the most of the fine weather and getting the orti (veggie plots) ready for the busy planting time. So my writing hs taken a bit of a back seat but it's never far from my mind.

Oestre is the Anglo Saxon goddess of Easter and she is always depicted with the hare and eggs. Apparently, according to legend, the hare was once a bird who had its wings clipped and so the original egg is linked to this story. I only know this because this was one of our Monday Muses over at WA, although I've been a bit tardy and not submitted anything... yet. I love myths and legends, got me thinking about a theme for this years NaNoWriMo!

Oh, and by the way, I've started submitting The Duke's Shadow to an Historical Critique Group and have had some great feedback on Chapter One (which has already had the WA treatment so this is the icing on the cake). I've downloaded a bit of software called Natural Reader - recommended by a fellow writer and have listened to my story. It's a great way of finding errors you seem to skim over when reading yourself. The free 'voice' is  a little irritating at first but you soon get used to it.

Happy Easter whatever you may be celebrating it with - off to munch on some chocolate!
Until Later...



No comments:

Post a Comment