Tuesday 1 April 2014

Wakey, Wakey, it's Camp NaNoWriMo!

I've recently lost my writing mojo. I know, very careless of me but this is not a one off event - if I'm honest. I know what works best for my writing mojo and I constantly let it down, so I'm not surprised they've (can a mojo have a gender, I wonder?) slipped away again. In my defence, I've also had a slight health hiccup - as an ex-nurse being more used to being on the other side of the bed - it was quite a shock. And this happened only days after I'd self published my debut novel, The Duke's Shadow, so not only my writing has suffered but also my marketing plan. (BTW available from Amazon in paperback and ebook format)  

So with the advent of a new month today I've decided it's time for action. Without a doubt I am the only one in charge of capturing my dreams.I always write best with a schedule, a formal time commitment. I'm not the fly by the seat of my pants person that I think I am. I'm a planner and I need to give in to and honour this process as THE only way I can function properly. So a new timetable has been created and I've signed up for Camp NaNoWriMo.

During April, I will free write for at least 15 minutes a day, using a creative writing prompt and I shall blog on the outcome on a daily basis here. Sorry to be such a bore, but it's a way of capturing my achievements and show that I'm sticking to the PLAN. In addition, the projects I've highlighted for Camp are revisions of two pieces of work; Wolf Moon and Flying Angels. 

Until Later...



No comments:

Post a Comment