Friday 4 April 2014

The Hunt - Day Three

On Day Three of my daily creative prompt writing quest, I used a plot generator. These provide two characters, a setting, theme and sometimes other stuff. So here they are: 

A spontaneous 38 year old woman 
An arrogant 38 year old man
A night club
Someone being cheated
The Hunt (theme)

It was the theme that intrigued me to pick this prompt. It conjured up all sorts of dilemma's and ways to portray 'the hunt' with significant undertones of some kind of thriller or crime related story. I didn't quite get a story together but I did explore theories such as stalking, blackmail and tricksters. I wanted the bad guy to be the woman at first but I ended up decided she should be like a female James Bond (well there isn't one is there? Not a true 007 type). So I started looking at spy names - names are quite important for my characters as it helps to shape them in my chaotic head. And would you really have a spy called Dolly? Although I did come across one called Diedre and there were many real and valiant female spies in the two World Wars with names you wouldn't associate with Secret Service type of stuff. Nikita, Matahari and Vesper came up tops in my search. But what did I end up with? Gemima Frost - I know...how did that happen? And where did the male character go? 


I can tell you now, Day Four hasn't been any better, but that's for tomorrows post.

Until Later,

No comments:

Post a Comment