Monday 23 November 2015

NaNo Diaries: Day Twenty Three



Morning Pages Wake Up Call: 6.30am, a bit of a scrabble
Word Count: 1200 (Total - 42,836)
Treats: On line Christmas Shopping
Other Activity: Repairing winter veg after high winds
Word of the Day: GRATULATION noun 1. a feeling of joy 2. the expression of joy

Before I moved to Italy, I always used to be a last minute kind of Christmas shopper. It's not the time of year I particularly relish - bah humbug - I think it's far too commercial. One of the surprises here is that the lead time to the big day is much shorter, usually starting at the beginning of December, though I have noticed things creeping into the supermarkets the past couple of weeks. We usually do our Christmas shopping on-line, as the postage is pretty hefty for large parcels. So this week I'll be going shopping, armed with my trusty mouse and laptop. It's not quite the same but at least there are no queues and no constant replays of Christmas tunes... told you I didn't like it!

So we're into the last leg of NaNoWrimo and many of my writer friends are approaching the target figure of 50K words. It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it. I noticed a statistic on my personal dashboard over at NaNo this morning. Apparently I've written over 225 thousand words since I first joined. That's quite a lot of words. The hard work of course isn't now, it's when we go back to the project and realise that it's going to need a lot of work to kick it into shape. But that's the real writing. 
Ciao for Now



No comments:

Post a Comment