Friday 6 November 2015

NaNo Diaries: Day Six

My Writing Desk... in the Dining Room


Morning Pages Wake Up Call: 6.32 
Word Count:2106 (Total 13097) 
Treats: Stopped for cappuccino and croissant while out shopping.
Exercise: Another walk in the woods 
Word of the Day: CREPUSCULAR (adjective) 1. of, relating to, or resembling twilight; dim; indistinct. 2. Zoology. appearing or active in the twilight, as certain bats and insects.





The lie in was not planned this morning but Naughty Nell woke us as 4.20am grumbling and growling. The two other dogs did not join in - if they had we'd have been deafened - but she did not stop despite our sleepy reassurances. In the end I switched on a torch and shone it at the place she was looking at. My Ugg boots. One of them had fallen over and I guess she saw something in their shadow, who knows?

I've written two different stories today. The second was prompted by a Monday Muse posted on my on-line writers group at Writers Abroad. It had created the nuggets of a character in my head who just would not go away so I had to let her have her day. And so she has and a very enjoyable encounter it was too. Love it when I go off the prescribed track, must be the rebel in me!

Ciao for Now



No comments:

Post a Comment