Wednesday 4 November 2015

NaNo Diaries: Day Four



Morning Pages Wake Up Call: 6.02 but groggy - shouldn't have had that extra glass of wine
Word Count: 2039 - a bit of a struggle today
Chocolate: Nope, but a home-made pizza, yum
Wine: Just had to mop up 5 litres after the glass dama broke... payback




Meet Naughty Nell, our one year old Spring Spaniel. She provides a lot of inspiration for me, look at the size of that log! Things might be tough but it doesn't mean you don't do them. And that's how it's felt with my writing today. Tough. 

I took an 'Artist's Date' today, part of therapy recommended in Julia Cameron's The Artists Way. I don't have many dates, I'm a bit of a home girl but today we went to the beach with Naughty Nell. As you can see it was a glorious day, around 18 degrees and a very calm sea. And when we got back I picked up my day four NaNo story and wrote another thousand words even though I really felt like having an afternoon nap, especially after that pizza! I'm glad I persevered though, I have a wonderful sense of achievement and writing those numbers on my word count is so very satisfying.

Ciao for Now


No comments:

Post a Comment