Monday 2 November 2015

NaNo Diaries: Day Two




Morning Pages Wake Up Call:  6.16am (another lie in!)
Word Count: 2379 (these are very rough words
Chocolate: Two Squares 
Wine: Not yet, a little early




I woke with a dead leg this morning. And no, it wasn't Simon! 

We share our bed with our numerous animals: springer pup - Nell, two gigantic Italian sheepdogs - Freya and Bertie and visits from three kitties depending on their mood - Simba, Nala (names from the Lion King) and Cappuccino (because he resembles a frothy coffee!). So more often than not I'm fighting for space as well as the duvet cover.

We can't blame anyone else, entirely our indulgent selves, and as we've now made our bed we have to lie in it, as the proverb goes...

So what is my project for NaNo? Well, this is my fifth year and therefore I have five very dusty works in progress. I really should do them justice and either bin them or knock 'em into shape. So I've forbidden myself from writing another long project. 

Inspired by Ray Bradbury and his short story challenge I'm doing a random daily writing prompt every day with a target of 1700 words.  And they're all fantasy based. 

Tomorrow I'll share what prompted today's story...


No comments:

Post a Comment