Monday 31 January 2011

WRITING PROGRESS

End of Month Report
Well, the end of the first month of a new year and how does it feel? Did the earth move? (Last year it did, literally here, we had a bit of an earth tremor). It's been a hard month and looking back through diaries and old blogs it always is a hard month, so some things are just meant to be. Anyway, thought I'd summarise my highs...

  • 4 short story submissions, one of them supporting 100 stories for Queensland - my good deed for the month
  • Blogged at least three times a week, two on here and one over at Joe Bloggs
  • Had a short story - The Crunch - short-listed for The Pages Competition
  • Submitted a January Challenge and regular Monday Muses to Writers Abroad
  • Have started work on projects and submissions for February (it should be March but hey, its progress!)
  • Have made small inroads with developing a pocket novel out of a larger piece of work
and lows...
  • Having a week, yes seven days, where I struggled to find my muse. She is slowly returning, albeit with a little reluctance
  • Not achieving as much as I'd like to on my bigger projects - I don't give them the right time, so changes ahead for next month
So not bad at all, February is a short month and one of my favourites (not least because I was born in it!). I have lots of plans and its an exciting time over at Writers Abroad as we're planning our second anthology, so keep eyes pealed for news.
Until Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment