Monday 10 January 2011

WRITING TARGETS

It's All in the Detail
Last week I shared some of my writing strategies for 2011. My thoughts have not strayed far from them especially as I realised I struggled to do little else last week, despite having a strategy. And then it struck me and yes it was the middle of the night and I wrote my thoughts down in my bedside journal (always a must for a writer I'm told). I realised that having a strategy is the right thing to do in a big way and in general, is a means to an end, but it's a rather large thing to achieve. So without relying on the old hat management speak of yesteryear, I decided I needed to be more specific on a weekly and daily basis about what I wanted to achieve. As you know I'm a keen list maker but I do have a habit of being a little over optimistic and vague -  'I will write that novel today' - well not quite that bad but you get the gist. So this morning, before I even kicked the PC into life, I wrote some small but realistic actions for every day this week. I can  and have done this on a regular basis. But the key thing is to make sure it relates to my strategy, instead of just random actions that actually are never going to see the light of day! So at the end of the week I hope to feel a little more happy about my achievements and if so may even tell you about them here!


However, part of this little Miss Organised sometimes makes me think I'm just avoiding the 'writing' bit. What do you think?
Until Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment