Wednesday 27 October 2010

NANoWriMo BLOG POSTS


Now Known as Blogettes...
I know, I failed at the first post but I do have good reasons not for posting yesterday. Like all writers I have a life of other responsibilities and pressures. And, as I am told by many of my friends at Writers Abroad - family come first and so they should. 


So back to normal (of a sorts) today and as I promised on Monday I'm going to try and post a little snippet every day leading up to and during NaNoWriMo. A kind of diary I suppose. I have called these entries, 'Blogettes'. I'm sure there is another word for it but that will do for now. 


Yesterday I spent the afternoon writing with pencil in my 'bible'. This is a journal (large, hard backed, A4 and lined) where I start to record all my thoughts about the novel, my next Work In Progress. For NaNoWriMo I'm writing a novel based around the rumours that surround the 5th Duke of Portland and his double life. It's mostly fiction of course, but the facts are pretty fascinating in themselves and I'm not going to reveal all yet.
Suffice to say I sketched out a rough journey of the novel, listed the main characters, produced a very sketchy time line (most helpful in identifying some of the plot lines) and started a character portrait of the main character, the Mad Duke. I have yet to define a working title... but hope to have done so by the end of today.


So there you have it. My first Blogette...
Until Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment