Tuesday 27 March 2012

Writers Toolkit

My Man Friday just loves gizmos and gadgets. In fact when one of those pamphlets arrive with just about everything ever thought of in a gadget, like a talking tyre gauge, I try and get it hidden away in the recycling bin for he could browse for hours. But I do speak ill, because he does invest in very useful gadgets, like the strimmer and the chain saw for instance and which he takes great care of overwintering, cleaning and making sure that they have enough and the right fuel. I wouldn't know where to start!

For a writer the need for gadgets and gizmo's is a little more limiting, though I'm sure there are many of you (probably those who are far more technical than I a confirmed and happy Luddite) who have plenty! I try not to make too much room for them in my writing life, because I'm wary of them becoming just another distraction, and I have enough of those. However, I will be blogging about my favourite three things over the next few weeks.

  1. Fountain Pen and Paper - you can't have one without the other!
  2. Reference Books - Dictionary and Thesaurus particularly
  3. Scrivener - a software programme , way off beam for a Luddite I know, but I'm learning that it can be very powerful for writers


So what tools, gadgets or gizmo's do you have lurking in your toolbox?

Until Later...


No comments:

Post a Comment