Thursday 1 March 2012

Beware the Ides of March

Or not. Did you know that there is an Ides in every month? Apparently it's just a way of saying the 15th of the month but Shakespeare developed the saying to warn Caesar of his impending death.

Anyway, March is also a month of new beginnings. It is the time for renewal, rebirth and new life which is quite an apt way to think about my writing. After a period of little, okay then, zero activity I start the first day of this new month with a good word count on my new project, Wolf Moon. My plan had been to have written the first of a trilogy of novellas. I've written 13500 words which is not so bad considering that February has been a difficult month to get back into things.
And I've started 'editing' my NaNoWriMo novel, The Dukes Shadow. I hesitate to use the word editing as it implies that the story is complete and it's not, no where near. It is in fact going to be I think more of a rewrite -which for me probably represents the process of editing much more realistically.

So I'm feeling pretty positive now that my writing 'freeze' has started to thaw (I refuse to call it block, sounds so terminal) and in the month that also displays the activities of the mad March hares, I'm going to continue my fight for the right to write!
Until Later...


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're getting back into things. I agree, 'freeze' sounds so much more temporary than 'block' :-)

    ReplyDelete