Tuesday 30 November 2010

NaNoWriMo - The End?

Or Just the Beginning...
As some of you will know I had to put my NaNoWriMo challenge on hold this year due to family reasons. And rightly so. I did manage to write over 10,000 words in five days, not bad in the great scheme of things. Now I'm trying to get my writing mojo back and have been hearing from all my wonderful NaNoWriMo scribblers and their successes. Well done especially to Nicola and Jill who made it past the target. So do I put all the effort I made in the beginning with the planning and charactersiation on hold for another year? I don't think so. I heard a lovely quote from one of my Writers Abroad pals (thanks to Mary) 'If you find that life is not the party you’d hoped for, you might as well stay and dance.'  So I shall stay and dance!

I'm going to set myself a challenge for December (lets face it, the month needs some kind of alternative challenge to the seasonal festivities don't you think?). I shall make the month my own personal NaNoWriMo challenge and see where I end up on New Years Eve, hopefully with a large glass of something bubbly, but that will be despite any progress I can assure you. So tomorrow I'm going to spend day one of my challenge revisiting my notes and my writing and then take it from there. So if you can bear it please check in now and again and see how I'm getting on. Now I need to go find a word counter...
Until Later


No comments:

Post a Comment