Tuesday 2 November 2010

NaNoWriMo - Day Two



Characters and Composting
I'm sure you are thinking what do composts have in common with this blog post? Well quite a lot actually. As you may know I was a little behind with my preparation for NaNoWriMo. But a little preparation has been better than none which is my usual format. So I've spent the morning building on the work I'd already done and having conversations with my characters. For me this has felt a little bit like 'composting', another subject close to my heart, well the vegetable garden at least. It has a similar kind of process, you start off with an empty vessel and a blank vegetable patch. You keep adding bits and pieces here and there into your vessel, nourishing with water to help the process and develop your mulch. Bit by bit your compost heap builds, becomes more rich and nutritious with all sorts of goodness and you can feel the heat. Then you apply it to your patch, work it in and plant your seeds. Some time later, you have lots of healthy, full rounded, delicious vegetables which look and taste fabulous. That to me is my character development, getting all warm and cuddly with my stars (though I promise I do not get warm and cuddly with my compost). Enough. NaNo fever has definitely turned me a bit gaga.
Until Tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment