Thursday 4 November 2010

NaNoWriMo - Day Four

Causing a Scene
And no I don't mean throwing a tantrum, although at times this afternoon I've felt like doing so. Sometimes I think I make life and writing too complicated. I'm a kind of 'back room girl' (I really was told that in feedback following an interview once and was very offended!) and by that I mean I like to drive things quietly, digging around and playing about with different options. I think I do that with my writing and sometimes it can become a little distracting and impacts on my ability to write. I become so obsessed with the finding the 'right way' that  it occupies my head instead of my characters. I've read so many blogs, posts, articles and pieces about the simplicity of defining and writing scenes that I came to a point this afternoon where I couldn't even think of a title for one. Which kind of defeats the object. I know that a little bit of planning will help my flow and improve my word count but for me the scenes sometimes come as I'm writing another one. So I make a quick note so I don't forget and then get on with what I'm doing. I'm what's known as a 'panster' in NaNoWriMo terms apparently, which I think means 'flying by the seats of ones pants'. I can live with that.
Until Tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment