Friday 6 May 2011

MARVELOUS MAY

Well, the first week has been and I'm not just talking about the weather!
It started on Monday when I received an email to say that I'd won the Cazart Flash Fiction prize for April. It was a piece that had previously been shortlisted so it was a double doze of satisfaction. Not sure what the prize is but it's of no matter. It really made my week and spurred me on with my writing at a very 'dry' time in terms of good news.


  • I've managed to knock out at least 6000 words on The Morning Gift, and that's just the stuff I processed, I've got lots of notes and half scribbled scenes to add. I re-read the synopsis (which I wrote last year) and was pleasantly surprised at how it all still meant something! So I'm really enjoying this piece of work.
  • I've drafted three Penny and George stories, which I've put aside and will edit next week. Again this is part of a work in progress that I've got lots of content on but trying to put it all together.
  • The character sketch for my protagonist in the fantasy novel is taking shape and I'm itching to get started - I have a couple of scenes which I wrote as part of Monday Muse, but I really want to do a bit more planning before I let my pen loose!
  • There's not been much progress on my edit of The Promise, but in my defense I'm doing a course on Self Editing and using that as my project, so it's sort of in hand.
  • And I've submitted a Monday Muse and finally submitted a submission to the Yeovil Literary Prize (with help from our Grammar Queen at Writers Abroad, thanks Paola!).

Phew! Feel quite worn out now and its POETS day so must be well overdue for that G&T!
Until Later

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word I've been so lax this week, you make me feel like a slug! Sounds marvellous indeed, well done all round :)

    ReplyDelete