Monday 7 February 2011

WRITING CHALLENGE

Write One Submit One


Like many writers I try and set myself some daily writing goals that may (or may not) be achieved, but hey at least I thought about it. Lately, having struggled to stay the course on most of my writing projects, I found myself wandering about in the eerie world of the internet, browsing and just generally time wasting. Anyway,  as usual I came away from the screen with several blogs added to my google reader but one has particularly struck a note. It's called Write 1 Sub 1 and is a great concept, built on the approach by one well known writer, Ray Bradbury who apparently finished one story a week and mailed it a market and then got on with the next. This blog is an experiment to 'live in his shadow' for 2011. The end result being 52 submissions in 52 weeks. It also provides you with the option to write one submit one weekly or monthly and lists some links to short story markets. 


Not a bad way to approach the writing wall... managed four in January, but none last week so need to catch up. All of a sudden I'm focused and in the zone...
Until Later...




.

No comments:

Post a Comment