Monday 7 January 2013

Rising from the Ashes

It's been a long time since I blogged. I was intending to take only couple of months off but life, as usual, had other plans. So like the proverbial Phoenix rising from the ashes, it's the time to dust of the cobwebs and knuckle down. I'm not a great fan of the New Year, I must admit. The pressure (most of it of my own making) to put on a happy face and welcome the opportunity of a 'clean sheet' can be a little wearing. I don't make resolutions, but I do always make a writing plan (this year I've called it a 'pledge', more of an intention than a plan!).
It's a pretty ambitious list of pledges, but I'm going to be celebrating (very quietly) a big 'O' birthday this year, and I just have to make a big effort to become a published writer of a novel. That might be the traditional way, though highly unlikely. And the only one who can make it happen is me. So I'm dedicating my spare time (of which I have more than most) to making 2013 'that' year.

Resurrecting my blog wasn't one of them actually but a request from a friend had me thinking (more of which you will find out in the next post).

So, a Happy New Year to all my fellow writers, many of whom I shall be needing a strong shoulder to lean on and a constructive deconstruct of my scribbling....

Until Later


No comments:

Post a Comment