Monday 3 September 2012

Writing Plan Update


You do have a writing plan don't you? No? Well I do, written in January (well, when else should one write one?) Reviewed in April and I've just finished looking at it over the weekend. *Hangs Head in Shame*

The thing is with writing, like many other activities, is that one can get a little 'over zealous' with deadlines and actions. I've always had a problem with setting realistic goals, even when I was working in a 'proper' job. I'm not sure why but I seem to want to knock myself out - on paper at any rate - and then feel despondent and fed up when I've failed to achieve what I set out to do.

So I've looked at a three month plan - where I can make up time whenever I wish - and should take me through until the end of November with the following goals. They are not as 'SMART' as they could be but nevertheless, they mean something to me and easy to measure.


  1. Rewrite 7 chapters of The Dukes Shadow for critique. The first critique will be over at Writers Abroad and the second at Historical Fiction. I plan also to start sharing with some beta readers at Critique Circle...
  2. Rewrite 3 chapters of the The Good Life to submit as monthly challenges at Writers Abroad - this is my fun thing, a bit of personal indulgence and therefore a treat.
  3. Review status of 'Wolf Moon' - the fantasy novella I started and have completed around 13k word
  4. Take part in NaNoWriMo 2012 - I've done some research and need to start some characterisation, again a different part of the writing process so hopefully will weave in fairly well.
And December? Well either free for catch up when I come to review this post or a long, long sleeeep.

Until Later, 

No comments:

Post a Comment