Friday 16 September 2011

Publish and Be Damned?

Yes, this does look a little how I feel. I'm so close you wouldn't believe it... but I'm still having problems with Microsoft Word and formatting for publication over at Lulu. Sometimes these programmes do things that you have no idea about... like four bullet points which weren't in the text or the header? Could I find out how to get rid of them - could I heck. Then I called in my Man Friday, who insists he solved the problem, but cannot tell me how. Hmm...

Having got rid of the ghostly bullet points I'm now trying to upload the finalised document and have made sure that the page layout is exactly how it should be for uploading to Lulu specifications for the size of book I want. So whats the problem? An additional Table of Contents (Index in any other land) has appeared as have additional blank pages and the first letter of each title has disappeared?

But in my defense, I'm tired and hot - it's still in the high thirties here in Italy and the heat is now wearing a bit thin as are my brain cells. So I'm going to set my self a deadline for publication by Wednesday 21st September. Why then, I hear you ask. Well, it's the first day of Autumn and I happen to like the number 21, no logic to my decision at all, but then with all this formatting stuff, that doesn't seem so strange...

Until Later


2 comments: