Wednesday 1 June 2011

MAY MARIONETTE

As we approach mid year, I'm rather chuffed to say I'm still meeting the challenge of Write1Sub1 which I signed up to at the beginning of the year. I have this peculiar habit of signing up to challenges, some of which I know that I shall never rise to in a million years. But this one, for now, is proving to be successful.
So this month I've submitted four short stories to the following markets

  • Yeovil Literary Prize (not a hope in hell but one has to try)
  • Writing Magazine (750 word competition
  • Pill Hill Press Anthology
  • My Weekly News
And I'm still meeting the challenge of 80 thousand words in eighty days , though I'm still on catch up and I've finished the second edit of The Promise.  My last challenge for this month was to submit three stories from the Penny and George series to WA - I've managed one but had some great feedback and shall pick this up again in June...lets hope the flames are flying across the page!

Until Later...

6 comments:

  1. Good grief woman, I've got writer's cramp just from reading all that! And here I was patting myself on the back for finally catching up to 31k - only then the calender changed and I'm 1k behind!

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your submissions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1K a day? Definitely do-able. But 80K is quite a long stretch, and I wish you well. Also, congrats on your May Marionette WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise,

    Many congratulations for sticking at the W1S1 thing. Best of luck with those submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your fifth W1S1 badge of the year!

    I spent three weeks visiting Italy last year, and seeing your 'About Me' section just made me want to go back. I really liked it there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! Green Room my little patch in Italy is the most inspiring place... without any bells or whistles...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it's been a good month for you. :D Good job sticking with it. Perpersistence!

    ReplyDelete