Monday 30 June 2014

Birthday Sway Bag - Blog Hop

I've been asked by Pam Burkes, who writes novels together with her sister and are known as The Chicklit Sisters, to take part in this fun blog hop. I can thoroughly recommend their books, they are light, fun and so true to life: How to Survive Your Sisters, was particularly so as I am one of three!

I have to choose a number of favourite or desired items I'd put in a swag bag for a significant birthday including: a book, beauty product, snack food, music album and 'my choice'. So here we go...

Book: I have struggle to name only one book that I would take so I've settle for two. The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, because it is such a fantastic read and Lorna Doone  by R D Blackmore, a book I've read several time since I was about eleven and never tired of the romance.

Beauty Product: As I rarely buy beauty products I would really like a luxury hamper full of luxurious body creams and unctions (to protect me from the results of weather and age), a nail care set (gardening and nails do not live well together) and a large tub of hair gel (I'm wearing my hair very short as it's easy to manage, but need to make it look a bit more 'funky'). As a hamper would be too large to fit in the bag, a voucher for one would do nicely.


Snack Food: I'm a very big fan of Maltesers but can't get them over here in Italy, so definitely a bag (or two). To balance this into a healthy snack food, I'd sneak in a tub of home-made hummus and some veggie sticks.


Music Album: Now, I don't like listening to one album full of songs by the same artist so it would definitely have to be an MP3 player (or whatever modern equivalent) with a bit of: John Legend, Jake Bugg, Caro Emerald, the Puppini Sisters, Paolo Nutini and a bit of classical.

And Finally, my own choice. Now this is not difficult. A new posh journal, preferrably hard backed A4 with a pretty cover and fresh, lined paper. And an instrument to write with, a fountain pen. Perhaps a Mont Blanc? This one is particularly pretty...
So that's my swag bag full to the brim! 

I've tagged a fellow WA member, Angela Williams, to share her swag bag on Monday 7 July. Angela regular blogs over at her site the Amsterdam Oriole.



Until Later,


No comments:

Post a Comment