Friday 2 December 2011

From NaNoWriMo to PlotWriMo

Well, yes as you can see, I made it! And a day early too. So I'm really chuffed but I've been lying down in a dark room since. Well, that's not quite true but I've had a bad head cold, my Man Friday is suffering from acute sciatic pain and we had to paint the lounge! The break from the daily writing has been good (if not a little enforced - having less than fours sleep a night is not conducive to the creative muse) but I am keen to get back into a routine.

So I've started to follow PloWriMo - this will help, hopefully, in the second drafting of The Dukes' Shadow, and whilst I really enjoyed writing the story I know there are yawning holes and gaps to be filled, so in preparation for the editing task in January 2012 I thought I'd see what this particular blog has to offer. I don't like watching the videos though, for one thing my connection can be a bit fickle but I'm just not a visual person in terms of learning the writing craft, reading about it and doing the exercises are much more my cup of tea...

Until Later


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the end. I hope you feel better soon :-)

    ReplyDelete