Friday 14 October 2011

In Print and On Demand

Well, Reflections is now ready to be courted to the world. Having received my proof copy I made two changes. One was to the colour of the title on the cover. Whilst it looked great on screen, it didn't really transfer well to hard copy. The second was to justify the contents... looks much tidier and I couldn't believe I hadn't done it. So for me, hard copy proofing is a must. I now have to get it uploaded onto Smashwords and create my new website - but am being held back by my domain transfer. But never mind, it's Friday and the weekend ahead full of space for my writing projects.
(Post note: And you can find a link to my publication on the new tab above - My Publications - LouC Publishing)

Which leads me nicely onto the second part of this blog. My November writing project... yes it has to be NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). This is my third maybe fourth, time. I had to abandon it last year due to a family emergency and I shall be in the UK again for the first week of November but I'm determined to see it through. I just have to choose which project I'm going to dedicate it to. I know I should be grateful in one way but I have about four options I could use, including the one I prepped for last year... so this weekend I shall be weighing up all the options, revisiting the characters and making my choice. I think I might make them star in a kind of Strictly Come Dancing challenge, to see which one sparkles and glides across the floor and then give them marks out of ten!
Until Later...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck trying to choose - that's the part I hate most at the beginning of any project!

    ReplyDelete