Friday 1 April 2011

March Martian BlogFest




I'm feeling pretty smug. Despite quite a disrupted month, what with a cold and a visit to the UK, I've managed five submissions this month.



  1. 'Seven Rivers' a short story about a little boy and his passion for Indians to My Weekly
  2. 'Hungry for Love' a very short flash (150 words) about love at first sight to the Binnacle Prize
  3. 'Behind Closed Doors' a solemn piece about abuse to Flash 500 
  4. 'Size Zero'  a tongue in cheek flash piece about our obsession with weight to Glass Woman Prize
  5. 'No Going Back'  a short story about absent mothers to the Bristol Prize
The common denominator to all these stories are that they have all been critiques by my pals over at Writers Abroad, so with their input I have increased my chances far more than if I'd just ploughed ahead without feedback. So, having fulfilled (and exceeded by one) my commitment to Write1Sub1 I'm now a March Martian!  Feels pretty good, but should I look a pukey shade of green?
Later...


2 comments:

  1. That is great, Louise. Good luck with the sub, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your March Martian! "Size Zero" has me intrigued - good luck!

    ReplyDelete